EDCC is pleased to announce the agenda for EDCC’s Regional Economic Development Forum showcasing the Eastern Plains, planning regions 1, 5 & 6. This forum will be held on March 12, 2019 from 8:30 – 4 p.m. at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds in Hugo, CO.
The EDCC’s Regional Economic Development Forums are designed to look at our communities across the state and learn what attributes they have and what challenges they face. The challenges of one community can be very similar to that of another. This is an opportunity for us to come together as a state-wide organization and gain knowledge of these issues, acquire tools and resources to implement in our communities, and to better the economy as a whole. Topics range from infrastructure, small business development, workforce challenges, economic resiliency and more.
This regional forum will be looking at the eastern plains including Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Morgan, Washington, Elbert, Lincoln, Kit Carson, Cheyenne, Crowley, Kiowa, Otero, Bent, Prowers, and Baca Counties
- Keynote: Betsy Markey, Executive Director, Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade
- Open Forum: Lt. Governor Dianne Primavera, Hoyt Skabelund, Kevin Stansbury
- Opportunity Zones Update
- Building Communities with a Skilled Labor Force
- Creating an Ecosystem of Innovation
- Fostering the Growth and Deployment of Precision Agriculture
CONFERENCE ATTENDEES REPRESENT:
- Hosting community: local leaders and businesses, government agencies, non-profit organizations, universities and community colleges
- Statewide: cities from across the state, businesses and corporations, non-profit organizations, government agencies, universities, community colleges and more
EVENT FLYER: PDF