This year the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) is partnering with the Economic Development Council of Colorado (EDCC) to celebrate the work of local economic developers like you during National Economic Development Week, May 8-13.
Economic Development Week is an ideal time to bring supporters in your community together to learn about programs your economic development office offers. It is also a great time to share successes your EDO has seen in the prior year. Here are a few reasons why you may want to create a special Economic Development Week campaign for your community:
- Recognition by your community of achievements with economic development
- Exposure of the economic development industry as a driving force behind local economies
- Highlight interaction between economic development organizations and community members
To assist with your planning, OEDIT has created a Colorado-specific Economic Development Week Toolkit, which includes:
- Links to sample proclamations which can be passed by your local leadership to help recognize your work
- Links to sample press release which you may download, modify and distribute
- Sample blog you can customize and post on your website
- Sample social media posts and contest information
There are additional resources available on the International Economic Development Council website at iedconline.org.
We encourage you to connect and celebrate with your peers through social media. Use the hashtag #econdevweek or #edw2017 and tag @ColoradoEcoDevo whenever posting on your channels and make sure to participate in OEDIT’s Facebook contest to win some great prizes.
We also want to take a moment to thank you for the tireless work you do to make Colorado vibrant. We know that economic developers like yourself promote economic well-being and quality of life for your communities by creating, retaining and expanding jobs that facilitate growth, enhance wealth and provide a stable tax base. We thank you for your continued collaboration and partnership with the State and we look forward to our continued success.