EDCC’s Regional Economic Development Forum – South Central, CO
Thursday, Jun 27, 2019
8:30am – 4:00pm
The EDCC’s Regional Economic Development Forums are designed to look at our communities across the state and learn what attributes they have and what challenges they face. The challenges of one community can be very similar to that of another. This is an opportunity for us to come together as a state-wide organization and gain knowledge of these issues, acquire tools and resources to implement in our communities, and to better the economy as a whole. Topics range from infrastructure, small business development, workforce challenges, economic resiliency and more.
This regional forum will be looking at the eastern plains including Alamosa, Chaffee, Conejos, Costilla, Custer, El Paso, Fremont, Huerfano, Lake, Las Animas, Mineral, Park, Pueblo, Rio Grande, Saguache, and Teller counties.
Topics to be presented:
- Economic Development Readiness
- Opportunity Zones
- Adaptive Reuse
- Employee Ownership Programs
- Workforce Development
- Betsy Markey, Executive Director, Oﬃce of Economic Development & Int’l Trade
- Dana Crawford, President, Urban Neighborhoods Inc.
- Trent Thompson, Utah & Colorado Rep., Economic Development Administration
- Chris Franz, Managing Director, Pioneer Fund
- Ryan McWilliams & Gregory Howell, Water Tower Place
- Tatiana Bailey, Director of UCCS Economic Forum in the College of Business, University of Colorado, Colo. Springs
- And more!
AGENDA: Click Here
CONFERENCE ATTENDEES REPRESENT:
- Hosting community: local leaders and businesses, government agencies, non-profit organizations, universities and community colleges
- Statewide: cities from across the state, businesses and corporations, non-profit organizations, government agencies, universities, community colleges and more.
- WHAT IS… Economic Development Readiness: Stephanie (Dybsky) Henley, Xcel Energy; Jim Seward, Black Hills Energy
- HOW DO ALL OUR COMMUNITIES TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITY ZONES PROGRAM: Jana Persky, OEDIT; Trent Thompson, Economic Development Administration; Chris Franz, Pioneer Fund; Kevin Wilkens, San Luis Valley Development Resources Group & Council of Governments
- ADAPTIVE REUSE: REPURPOSING TOOL FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Wade Broadhead, City of Florence; Dana Crawford, Urban Neighborhoods Inc.; Ryan McWilliams, Riverwalk North Alliance & Watertower Place; Gregory Howell, Watertower Place & Historic Preservation Commission – City of Pueblo
- KEYNOTE LUNCHEON: Betsy Markey, OEDIT
- HOW CAN YOUR STRATEGIC PLAN INCLUDE SUCCESSION PLANNING FOR YOUR BUSINESSES: Danielle Lendriet, OEDIT; Ron Lint, ATI Capital Group of Colorado; Jennifer Briggs, Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership Center
- USING REGIONALISM TO HELP DRIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Shelly Dunham, Southern Colorado Economic Development District; Kurt Madic, Startup Pueblo; Becky Leinweber, Pikes Peak Outdoor Recreation Alliance; Sallie Clark, United States Department of Agriculture, Rural Development
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT: Colleen Wohnoutka, Colorado Workforce Development Council; Dr. Patricia A. Erjavec, Ph.D., Pueblo Community College; Sam Van De Velde M.S., CES., Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center; Steve Chorak, Pueblo Economic Development Corp.
PRE-CONFERENCE TOUR | WATERTOWER PLACE, PUEBLO, CO
Wednesday, June 26, 2019 | 4 – 6 p.m.
Reception to follow tour
ABOUT WATERTOWER PLACE:
Watertower Place in historic downtown Pueblo is providing unique and inspiring spaces designed to foster collaboration and promote ideas for efficient, forward-thinking innovation. READ MORE
TOUR SPONSORS: Watertower Place & Black Hills Energy
CLICK HERE to register for the pre-conference tour
Pueblo Community College | Student Center, Fortino Ballroom, 900 W Orman Ave
Pueblo, CO, 81004