EDCC is committed to improving economic development in the state of Colorado and its communities through the laid out Public Policy Guidelines. The EDCC Board of Directors, representing the membership of the EDCC:
- Provides input and assists in shaping policy in support of economic development
- Takes positions on legislative issues that impact economic development
- Engages in advocacy activities and lobbies for issues critical to economic development
The EDCC Board will consider the following when determining its position on public policy issues:
- Its fiduciary responsibility as a representatives of the membership of the EDCC and economic development for the State of Colorado
- Relevance to the core mission of the EDCC, namely the retention, expansion and attraction of primary jobs
- Impact on economic development in both urban and rural communities
- Impact on statewide economic development efforts rather than individual community issues
The EDCC Board may vote to take one of the following positions regarding legislation:
Support – the legislation is important to, and will have a positive effect on economic development in the state of Colorado. A position of support with conditions may be taken.
**New** Conditionally Support – EDCC shows support for the bill; however, if bills have a fiscal note attached, we acknowledge the limited opportunity for these bills to be passed. EDCC recognizes the many priorities competing for the limited state financial resources. Even so, it is imperative that Legislators consider these types of programs to keep Colorado a competitive and viable economic development environment.
Oppose – the legislation will have a detrimental effect on economic development in the state of Colorado. A position of opposition with conditions may be taken.
Neutral – the legislation is not relevant to the mission of the EDCC and does not have a significant impact on economic development in the state.
Monitor – insufficient information is available for a position to be determined. Issue will be monitored until a position is taken.